Tour de Broads Rallyé Series
The Tour de Broads Cycle Rallyé Series is a collection of three brand-new Cycle Rallyé events spread across Norfolk designed to offer cyclists a safe and healthy way to challenge themselves, stretch their cycling ambitions and offer them a rewarding and inspirational day out amidst the current desert of postponed and cancelled traditional cycling events.
A Cycle Rallyé turns the usual format upside down with the event village in the middle of the ride and access innovatively spread across the day to avoid unnecessary social gatherings and contravention of Government guidelines. The big day atmosphere, personal challenge and inspiration remains, and it is blended with Social Distancing and an event design that encourages safe and responsible cycling.
We are totally focussed on creating a safe and healthy new format to engage, inspire and enable cyclists of all ages, abilities and experience levels to enjoy a much-needed red letter day on their calendar, set a stretching target and soak up the kudos of the resulting achievement. We would love to see you (at a 2m distance) join us for these inaugural events.
What is a Cycle Rallyé ?
A Cycle Rallyé is the brand-new cycle challenge event for cyclists of all ages, abilities and experience levels that successfully blends big event day atmosphere with Government Social Distancing guidelines.
It achieves this by reinventing the tradition cycle charity ride, cycle sportive and club ride where riders arrive, park, assemble and depart together en-masse. Our brand new Cycle Rallyé format reinvents this formula into a safe, inspiring and motivational cycle challenge format that gives you all the bells and whistles, atmosphere and excitement of a big event but innovatively avoids mass gatherings.
Each of our Cycle Rallyé creates a Rallyé Venue with an arrival area where riders will be safely held, if required, to allow everyone to cross the Rally Venue “finish” line, pose for souvenir photos, collect their chunky commentative medal and lunch in a safe and orderly way.
When you enter the Rallyé, you choose your Rallyé Time Slot (a one hour window) and just 180 per hour are available meaning every rider has a 30 second gap over the finish line and households can cross together. We mail you your colour coded Rallyé Plaque for your chosen hour. The layout of the Rallyé Arrival Area safely and efficiently spreads riders out into 30 second gaps when necessary ensuring we all Keep Pedalling and Stay Healthy in this challenging times.
Anyone can take part on any pedal bicycle, tandem or e-bike. You must pre-book from our website. Here’s how our Cycle Rallyé works:
- You choose how far you want to ride from as little as 10 miles to over 100 miles within our 5 different Rally Mileage Bands that our website graphically depicts.
- You choose your Rallyé Time Slot between 9am and 4pm (this is your one hour window within which you must arrive at the venue).
- We mail you your colour coded Rallyé Plaque confirming your Rallyé Time Slot.
- You choose your start venue – this could be your home or a location along one of our suggested routes or somewhere you just like!
- You choose your start time (and hence you’re the speed you want ride at to arrive during your one hour Rally Time Slot).
- Our website will suggest and define at least four Rallyé routes (usually North, South, East and West) which we have risk assessed and highlighted numerous Rallyé partner cafés and facilities. With our help, you select a route and add in any additional sections from your startpoint, to get you to and from the Rallyé Venue. You can then download the route it to your phone or GPS device.
- If you are an experienced rider and want to help new riders into our sport, you can apply to be a Rallyé Road Captain and claim your free entry and exclusive tee-shirt. All you have to do is post your route from your local area on our Social Media so others can see it and then via Social Media help new riders add in safe connecting road routes onto yours and answer local questions about safer routes etc.
- If you have access to Strava join our Club page so that your ride is listed in the Rallyé Results page. We have spot prizes throughout the day and awards for furthest ridden etc. It is also a lasting record of how far and fast you rode so you can set a more stretching target next time! Before you leave on the day, why not post your depart photo on our Social Media so your loved ones and friends can follow your progress and share your day?
- Our mechanical support team cruise the suggested routes for your peace of mind.
- We create the destination Rallyé Venue for your arrival where you receive a warm welcome, souvenir photos, a chunky commentative medal and a picnic lunch.
- Together we create, within the guidelines of Social Distancing, a stretching personal challenge, the inspirational and uplifting atmosphere of our Rally Venue and a great safe and friendly day out on your bike!