No products in the cart.
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
The Pedal Revolution CIC Event Terms and Conditions
The Terms and Conditions detailed below apply to all riders participating in any event organised and operated by The Pedal Revolution CIC and/or The Pedal Revolution Club (“the organiser”) which is fully affiliated to British Cycling. Completion of an Event Registration Form or purchase of an entry online by (or on behalf of) the rider (“you”) acknowledges acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- You accept that the event you are entering is not a race in any format. Anyone considered to be competing against others will be stopped from riding and banned from entering future events by the organiser.
- You are fully responsible for your actions whilst attending the event. This includes the event centre and during the ride itself. The organiser does not accept responsibility for your actions nor their consequences.
Age & Health Requirement
- The Event Registration Form or purchase of an entry to an event must be completed by a person aged 18 years or over. Evidence of age must be provided on request.
- Riders under the age of 18 will be allowed to participate in the event with the consent of their parent or legal guardian who must sign the Event Registration Form or purchase an entry on the rider’s behalf. By signing the Event Registration Form or purchasing an entry on the rider’s behalf, you accept responsibility for the actions and consequences of the underage rider. Under 16’s need to be accompanied by an adult who is responsible for them at all times.
- You have considered the nature and difficulty of the event you are entering and by submitting your entry you confirm that you are satisfied that your physical and mental health are satisfactory to complete the event and/or if you have a pre-standing medical condition that may impact your capability to complete the event you confirm that you have consulted a medical professional before submitting your entry and they have agreed you are fit and able to complete the event. The organiser may provide drink and food stops along the suggested route as detailed in your Final Instructions. By agreeing to these terms and conditions you except responsibility to supply yourself with sufficient food and drink to complete the ride.
- The organiser passionately urges you to wear a safety-approved cycling helmet complying with latest EN1078, ANSI Z90/4 or SNELL standards during your participation in the event. Any rider not wearing a helmet will not be covered by the event insurance and could be liable for damages if involved in an accident on that basis. You must accept this as a condition of entry.
- You confirm that the cycle/bike you are riding for the event and all of your equipment is of a suitable standard and state of trail/roadworthiness, in particular, the ability to complete the longest distance and over rough terrain, dependant on the event. You agree to fix the supplied rider number to your bike so it is clearly visible at all times during the event.
- If you wish to use an e-bike at one of our events, it must be fully compliant with UK law – e.g. no “chipped” or overpowered e-bikes. These are considered illegal in the UK and are not allowed at our events.
- All riders, including e-bike riders, agree to ride legally, appropriately and considerately at all times and obey the regulations of the respective highway, bridleway and private trial as appropriate.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to the event to anyone with inappropriate equipment or clothing.
- Upon signing the Event Registration Form or purchasing an entry, you agree that you are physically and mentally capable of riding the distance you have chosen. If during the event you decide to change the route or distance, you do so at your own risk.
- During the event, there will be warning signs at appropriate points on the trails or roads. The absence of these signs does not signal that there are no dangers approaching and it is your responsibility to make a decision regarding whether to ride a section or not. The marking of the route does not necessarily indicate that the trail or road is rideable and you are deemed to make your own decision about whether to proceed on bike, foot or not at all.
- Any marked route is shown for guidance only and we do not insist that you use the route shown. If you choose to ride a marked section, it is entirely your own choice. If you choose a different route to avoid obstacles or sections you decide are beyond your capabilities, you do so entirely at your own risk.
- The organiser reserves the right to shorten or alter the published route at any time. You do not have the right to claim a refund if the route is shortened or altered.
- If you fail to complete the course for any reason, you agree to return to or call the event centre before the close of the event and report to a member of staff. Not doing so will mean that a search may be organised and the subsequent cost will be billed to you.
- You are requested to ride in single file where appropriate and no more than 2 abreast at any time. Please be aware of your fellow cyclists, other road users, and any other traffic and always indicate your intention to stop or change direction.
- You must adhere to and obey the Highway Code, local bylaws and the laws of England, Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland or other countries in which the event is taking place as applicable and extend all reasonable courtesy to other road and off-road users.
- You must be considerate to other users of bridleways, tracks, byways and public ways when riding off-road. Upon seeing other users, such as horse riders, walkers, farm traffic, and other cyclists, you are required to slow down and pass with care. Where appropriate, you should stop and wait at the side of the route for other users to pass safely.
- You must not drop or leave any litter on any part of the route but dispose of it responsibly at an appropriate place or bin. Any rider found littering will be disqualified from the event.
- You are expected to respect the roads, villages and countryside that the events travel through. It should be remembered that this is both a working landscape and home to many communities. If you stop for a comfort break you are asked to do so discretely and appropriately and not to cause any offence to local residents or other riders.
- In the case of Mountain Bike and Cyclocross events, you are expected to close all gates after you pass unless otherwise instructed. You must not leave a gate open for a rider following behind. Gates should be opened and closed and not vaulted. Any rider causing damage to a gate will be liable for any costs to repair said damage.
- You will be fully responsible for any fees or costs incurred or arising from an accident either involving or caused by you. This includes, but is not exclusive to, fees from Police, Air Ambulance, Fire and Rescue and the Ambulance service. If the situation arises that you are not capable of making the decision to call the emergency services, you agree that a member of our Team or a member of the public may call on your behalf. In this situation, you still accept the costs and consequences of such actions.
- You accept full responsibility for any fees or costs incurred or arising from the need for repatriation.
- Participation in the event is at your own risk.
- Third party insurance cover is provided for all riders during the event, covering claims resulting from accidental damage to third party property. This insurance cover is adjudged void if it is deemed the rider has acted negligently. No further insurance cover is provided by us for riders participating in an event.
- We strongly recommend each rider organises their own personal insurance cover.
- It is a condition of entry for events outside of the United Kingdom that you have purchased a suitable level of travel insurance to cover the potential activity and liability involved.
- By participating in the event, you confirm and agree that we and third parties authorised by us may record you via photographs, film, audio, audio-visual or other recording, still or moving, during the event (“Recordings”). We shall own all rights in such recordings and you hereby (i) assign to us any and all present and future copyright, performance rights and any other right, title and interest in and to the Recordings and you hereby waive the benefit of any law known as “moral rights”; (ii) agree that we may use the Recordings for any purpose at our sole discretion including in any marketing and/or publicity materials, and on any website and social media; and (iii) agree that the Recordings may be altered, edited and/or modified (e.g. combined with other images, text, graphics and/or sound). You hereby release us from any and all liability from such use and promotion and specifically waive any right to any compensation you may have for appearing in any of the Recordings.
- Event entry fees cannot be refunded or transferred to another rider under any circumstances.
- We reserve the right to cancel any event due to unforeseen circumstances and/or extreme weather conditions. Your entry will be automatically moved to the rescheduled event. If you can’t make the rescheduled event, you can carry your entry to another event of an equal or lower ticket value within the 6 months following the rescheduled event or you may be entitled to a partial refund. No refunds will be issued and no compensation will be given towards your travel or accommodation costs.
- In the case of competition entries or giveaways, the winner agrees to the use of his or her name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests from us relating to any post-winning publicity.
- All Promotions and/or giveaway will be done using a “Google random Number Generator” the random number will then be cross referenced across to the list of all riders accumulated before the draw.
Sale of Ex-Hire equipment
- These bikes have been used as part of our ex-hire fleet and although they have been regularly cleaned and serviced, most will have cosmetic damage that does not affect the safety of the bike (Please see photos)
- These bikes are sold as seen. No warranty is offered, no refunds will be issued and no compensation will be given towards your travel costs.
Your Personal Information
- If you want to take court proceedings, the relevant courts of the part of the United Kingdom in which you live will have non-exclusive jurisdiction in relation to this contract. The laws of England and Wales will apply to this contract.
1. The Pedal Revolution hold no responsibility of making sure your order is correct before shipping and printing this is left down to you as a customer to check at the cart and checkout process.
2. The Pedal Revolution is not held responsible for any damage goods or lost goods in transit.
3. The Pedal Revolution will offer no refunds or exchanges for these items if the date of the event changes for any of the reasons listed above in our Terms and Conditions.